Please follow these garden manners when visiting the Children’s Garden
The Children’s Garden is a child-friendly place to discover, experience, and love our world through gardening. To ensure a safe and enjoyable visit, please read the following rules before entering the garden.
The Children’s Garden visitor rules:
- All children must be accompanied by an adult while exploring the garden.
- Adults are responsible for the safety and behavior of their children while visiting the Children’s Garden.
- Enjoy all garden exhibits from ground level. No climbing please.
- Please do not pick or collect plants, animals or insects from the garden.
- Walk, don’t run, while exploring the garden.
- No pets.
- No bicycles, rollerblades or skateboards.
- No smoking.
- No alcohol.
- No camping or sleeping.
The Children’s Garden also asks you to follow these leave no footprint principles
Plan Ahead and Prepare
- Read the Garden Manners placard for Children’s Garden Rules.
- Prepare for extreme weather, hazards, and emergencies. Seek shelter in the Museum, Library or your vehicle if weather threatens.
Explore on Durable Surfaces
- Please use the paths and walkways and avoid stepping into the garden beds.
Dispose of Waste Properly
- Pack it in, pack it out. Inspect your picnic areas for trash or spilled foods. Pack out all trash, leftover food and litter.
Leave What You Find
- Leave rocks, plants, insects, and other natural and display objects as you find them.
Minimize Fire Impacts
- Please do not smoke in the Children’s Garden campus.
Respect Wildlife and Insects
- Observe wildlife insects from a distance. Do not follow or approach them.
- Never feed animals and birds. Feeding wildlife damages their health, alters natural behaviors, and exposes them to predators and other dangers.
- Leave pets at home.
- Avoid wildlife during sensitive times: mating, nesting, raising young, or winter.
Be Considerate of Other Visitors
- Respect other visitors and protect the quality of their experience.
- Be courteous.
- Let nature’s sounds prevail. Avoid loud voices or music.